Monday, July 11, 2011

Frosted Oatmeal Cookies

My sister Stephanie loves food just as much as I do.  There have been many times that one of us has come to the other to share a recipe that was found on some random food blog only to find out that the other has already printed out the recipe.  Stephanie had told me about this oatmeal cookie recipe and I wanted to give it a try, but she wasn't home to give me the recipe and couldn't remember on what food blog she had found it.  She went on to tell me that she had searched on Google images and found a picture of an oatmeal cookie that looked really good and then went to the blog and found the recipe.  Certainly I could look through oodles of images of oatmeal cookies with browned butter frosting and pick the exact one that Stephanie had picked. With not very much confidence, I got on Google images and after a few minutes of browsing at pictures of cookies, picked one that looked like a cookie I would want to eat and called Stephanie up to read her the recipe.  To our amazement it was the exact image and recipe that she had used.  How cool it that!  I love having a sister who loves, lives for, and dreams about food like I do!


Frosted Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups uncooked quick oatmeal (I use half quick and half regular)
2 teaspoons vanilla

Cream butter and sugars; blend in egg and vanilla.  Mix flour, baking soda, salt; add to creamed mixture, blending well.  Stir in oats.

Shape dough into balls, place on cookie sheet, and flatten with the bottom of a glass cup dipped in sugar.  Bake 10-12 minutes in a preheated 350 oven.  Frost when cooled.

Browned Butter Frosting

1/3 cup butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup cream
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
Heaping 1/4 teaspoon salt

Brown butter in saucepan over medium heat.  Cool to lukewarm.  Beat in remaining ingredients until smooth.

5 comments:

  1. ์Šคํฌ์ธ ํ† ํ†  The style of this site is great the aspect is truly incredible

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for such a wonderful article I liked it very much I was interested in reading it and now I advise everyone to read it! if you read something that just is ํ† ํ† ์‚ฌ์ดํŠธ


    ReplyDelete

  3. A fake phone number refers to a telephone number that is intentionally generated or used to conceal the true identity of the caller. Individuals may employ fake phone numbers for various reasons, such as preserving privacy, avoiding unwanted contacts, or engaging in activities that require anonymity.

    ReplyDelete