Thursday, June 14, 2012

Meet Stella

This week my guest post is a four year old little girl who is extremely determined and stubborn.  She loves to cuddle and give kisses and hugs.  You can't leave our house without giving her a kiss and a hug or there will be tears, a lot of tears.  She loves Cheetos.  She loves to have her nail painted and wear dresses (she changes numerous times throughout the day).  She can walk lightning fast with her walker and when I go in to her room at night to give a kiss after she has fallen asleep, I still get a tight excited feeling inside when I look at her.  This is Stella (or Stells for short).


Stella picked to help me make pancakes for breakfast and this is my conversation with her while we were eating breakfast.

Me:  What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
Stella:  Maybe Sprite.  No we don't drink sprite.  I like to drink sprite for breakfast.
Me:  Why did you pick pancakes?
Stella:  Because I like pancakes.
Me:  What kind of pancakes do you like?
Stella:  Strawberry.  Guess what would be gooder?  Dipping strawberries in soup.
Me:  What kind of soup?
Stella:  Strawberry shortcake soup.
Me:  What did you want your pancakes shaped like?
Stella:  A pig and Minnie mouse.
Me:  Is your Minnie mouse pancake good?
Stella:  Yes.  I'm still thirsty.  Can I have some more juice?
Me:  Do you like to help me cook?
Stella:  Yes.
Me:  When you help me cook what do you like to do?
Stella:  Play in the water.



Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes

1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup white flour
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
2 tablespoons wheat germ
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large egg
1 large egg white

Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.  Combine flours, ground flaxseed, wheat germ, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.  Combine buttermilk, oil, egg, and egg white, stirring with a whisk; add to flour mixture, stirring until just moist.

Heat a nonstick griddle or nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.  Spoon about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto griddle.  Turn pancakes over when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.  Serve with butter and syrup.

Adapted from Cooking Light

3 comments:

  1. Stella, I think Strawberry Shortcake Soup sounds delicious. What a great helper you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is great work. The effort you put into this is very impressive and I enjoyed every minute of the read. I hope to come back and see more articles you've written. Candle Boxes Wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate your article. Your article contains useful information which improves my knowledge. Custom Packaging Expert facilitates you with the finest quality.
    Custom Bakery Boxes
    Custom Bakery Boxes With Logo

    ReplyDelete