Friday, August 31, 2012

Peaches and Cream

I have peaches coming out of my ears. My little family is enjoying them for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and for night time treats. Peaches and cream is simple and delicious and is a slight variation of what I had while growing up. During the summer while I was growing up, my family would spend time at Bear Lake. I remember after a long day of playing in the sun, after dinner was finished, eating Bear Lake raspberries that were swimming in cream, all from a small red plastic bowl. I remember pouring extra sugar on top of the raspberries so that I could scrape sugar from the bottom of the bowl with each bite. I remember spooning up every last drop of the pale pink sugary cream that remained after all the raspberries had been devoured. Just thinking about it makes me happy! This summer the bowls are white and filled with sweet Utah peaches. (And yes, I still spoon up every last drop of the now peach tinted cream and it is so delicious!)


Peaches and Cream (I don't know that I would call this an actual recipe)

Sweet peaches, skin removed (or leave the skins on, whatever you like) and cut into chunks
Cream or Half and Half
Sugar

Places cut up peaches in a bowl, pour cream or half and half over peaches and sprinkle with a little sugar. Eat and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Best recipe and memories ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just brought back such a fun memory. I had forgotten about the red bowls in the big blue (right?) cabinet. I had the best peaches this last week and was bummed I forgot cream when I was a the store. Looks Heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Breanna, I found your blog via pinterest and I've just made it all the way through. It was an exercise in self-restraint to not pin every recipe on here! What a great collection. Thanks a lot and keep posting!

    ReplyDelete