Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Stephanie's Salsa

My sister Stephanie gave me this salsa recipe and it quickly became a family favorite.  Chips, salsa and guacamole are favorites around this house of mine and this salsa recipe makes it quick and easy to have yummy salsa all year long.


Stephanie's Salsa

1-2 garlic cloves, minced (I use two)
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
1 can mild Rotel tomatoes, drained
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Juice of 1/4 to 1/2 lime (I use 1/2 lime, but not squeezed to death)
1/2 bunch cilantro leaves

Place garlic cloves in the bowl of a food processor and process until garlic is minced.  Add tomatoes, salt, fresh lime juice and cilantro to bowl of food processor.  Pulse until you reach desired consistency.  Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.  Pour salsa into a container and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (I like mine to sit for a couple of hours to let the flavors come together).  Eat with tortilla chips that have been warmed in the oven (it makes them so much better).

*These aren't the exact measurement Stephanie uses, but this is how my family likes it.  If you like more lime juice, add it.  Don't like cilantro, leave it out.  More garlic, mince away.  This recipe is easy to play around with.

*Juanita's tortilla chips are my favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment